Stop Your Payments




I liken salvation to the payment of annual credit card fees.  

I remember the time when I had my first credit card. I was paying the annual fees conscientiously until a friend told me that I could call on the bank to waive the fees. I was in complete disbelief!  Where got so good one! It is the Singapore vernacular for “It is too good to be true!”. 

One fine day, after having seen my friends enjoying the freedom from annual fee payments, I decided to call on the bank.   Lo and behold, the annual fees were indeed waived. 

Today, I am sharing with you that when you call on the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, payments for the penalties of sin will be waived! 

It was the glory of our Lord Jesus to be crucified so that He might redeem the Jews from the curse of the Law and bless the Gentiles (John 17:1, Galatians 3:13-14). 

Death by the Cross was considered shameful but it was the glory of the Lord. Indeed, God chose the foolish things of the world to reveal the ignorance of the wise and the frailty of the strong (1 Corinthians 1:27). 

The message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are still blinded by Satan, but that message is the power of God unto salvation (Romans 1:16, 1 Corinthians 1:18; 2 Corinthians 4:4). 

God is pleased to save through the foolishness of what is preached.  Yet, the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength (1 Corinthians 1:21; 1 Corinthians 1:25). 

Christ crucified was the weakness of God (Matthew 27:42). 

When God had put to right the wrongs, only the blessings are left (Deuteronomy 28:1-14).

The above is an extract from the book entitled "Her Seed". Get a copy of the book at http://tiny.cc/opqc9y


Comments