Why Two by Two?



In Chapter 10, verse 1, Luke mentioned that Jesus appointed and sent out seventy of His disciple, two by two.

Why two by two?


Reflection:
Why two by two?  “I AM” refers to God Himself.   “I AM there among them” refers to God with them; Immanuel!


Luke 10:1 Amplified Bible (AMP)
The Seventy Sent Out
10 Now after this the Lord appointed [a]seventy others, and sent them out ahead of Him, two by two, into every city and place where He was about to go.
Footnotes:
Luke 10:1 One ancient ms reads seventy-two.
Cf Matthew 18:19-20 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Discipline and Prayer
19 “Again I say to you, that if two [a]believers on earth agree [that is, are of one mind, in harmony] about anything that they ask [within the will of God], it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.(A) 20 For where two or three are gathered in My name [meeting together as My followers], I am there among them.”(B)
Footnotes:
Matthew 18:19 Lit of you.
Cross references:



Matthew 1:23 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Conception and Birth of Jesus
23 Behold, the [a]virgin shall be with child and give birth to a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel”—which, when translated, means, “God with us.”(A)
Footnotes:
  1. Matthew 1:23 “Virgin” (Gr parthenos) clearly confirms that Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus.
Cross references:
  1. Matthew 1:23 : Is 7:14

Exodus 3:13-14 Amplified Bible (AMP)
The Mission of Moses
13 Then Moses said to God, “Behold, when I come to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers (ancestors) has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ What shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “[a]I Am Who I Am”; and He said, “You shall say this to the Israelites, ‘I Am has sent me to you.’”
Footnotes:
  1. Exodus 3:14 Related to the name of God, YHWH, rendered Lord, which is derived from the verb HAYAH, to be.


Comments