The Poor

This is an extract from the book "Her Seed".

Preview the book HERE.

Join our community HERE.


The Hebrew word for poor is עָנָו (anav).

Without the vowels, it is ענו. This means to:

1. Answer;
2. Reply;
3. Respond,
4. React;
5. Meet a requirement or description.

Hence, the poor is one who needs to respond to something? What is it?

Jesus was anointed to preach the Gospel to the poor (Luke 4:18). Therefore, I submit to you that the poor is the one who needs to respond to the call of the Gospel.


There is a call waiting.

One may be filthy rich. But that same one is poor if he has yet to answer the call.

How do we respond to the call of the Gospel?

First, it is by confessing that Jesus is the Gospel (Romans 1:16). This is followed by our ‘Amen’ (2 Corinthians 1:20).

Jesus is on the line. Would you answer His call?

Unwrap the Gift
You can receive this gift of righteousness right about NOW by making this confession:

“Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I cannot save myself.

Today, I receive your gift of salvation.

I trust you as my personal Lord and Savior.

I believe you are the Son of God Who died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day to acquit me from all charges.

Thank you for paying my sin debt and satisfying the demands of justice with Your Precious Blood.

In You, I now stand as the righteousness of God, meeting all His standards. Amen!”

Right this very moment, all of heaven rejoices over you (Luke 15:4-7; 22-24).

When the Lord has set you free, you are free indeed (John 8:36)!

Welcome to the big family of loving Daddy God!

This is as good as admitting that I have been deceived and led astray. I can’t tell the truth from a lie. Lord Jesus, You have come as a Man to show me what it is like to trust God even with Your life. Teach and lead me back onto the right path (Isaiah 53:6, Proverbs 8:5).



Grab your copy HERE.

Comments